cPanel has grown into a more suitable platform for website hosting especially when used together with WHM.
CPANEL is a Linux based website hosting service. It provides you with all the tools you need to host a website and get a domain name. It is one of the most used in the world today and more so for its’ efficiency.
WHM stands for Web Host Manager. Most hosting companies use the WHM to render services to clients including Broaddrive. Your website can go live with cPanel alone and with a WHM that uses cPanel at the background.
Should I use CPANEL alone or with a WHM?
This is totally up to you. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of using CPANEL that would guide you in making this decision.
Pro’s of using CPANEL
It lets you,
- Easily Create websites and domains
- Launch and manage email networks
- Manage and store web files
Pro’s of using CPANEL with a WHM
- Create cPanel accounts for customers
- Monitor and protect your server
- Transfer and backup data
CPANEL offers you the ability to ;
- File uploads without having to use ftp.
- Make customizations where you want
- Use databases when using a CMS (Content Management System)
- Install web applications or CMS.
- Security for the website.
- Having multiple domains for one hosting.
- View website performance.
Although it sounds nice to use cPanel, some disadvantages are attached
- The ability to easily change important settings may lead to loss of important data.
- It can be pretty expensive.
- Its features can be overwhelming for new users and lead to confusion/weariness
How do I use CPANEL?
Because of the cPanel’s overwhelming features and technicalities, we advise you to consult a hosting company. That way, you will have Customer Support services that will handle all technicalities and rectify errors for you.
Get in touch with us at Broaddrive here, we’ve got all your web hosting and domain name needs in control.